ProYo Helps You Find Gluten FREEdom
Last month, our team headed to Utah for the annual Gluten Free Expo in Salt Lake City, one of the largest gluten-free shows hosted each year in the U.S. We were pumped to give out samples of ProYo, demonstrating to the more than 5,000 attendees that it’s possible to find gluten-free foods that pack a powerful protein punch, probiotics, fiber and awesome taste. Not to mention, also being low in fat and diabetic friendly.
We were so inspired by the health stories we heard, and the creative ways people we met are using ProYo to get important nutrients throughout their day, that we decided to hit the road for two more gluten-free expos this year, including the New Jersey Gluten Free & Allergen Friendly (GFAF) Expo in Secaucus this weekend, and the Arizona GFAF Expo in Phoenix from Nov. 12-13, 2016.
As we know one of the biggest challenges people experience once they’re diagnosed with celiac disease or a gluten intolerance is learning how to shop for and eat gluten-free foods, we teamed up with the GFAF team to create the following list of gluten-free eating tips:
- Join a support group. Connect with and learn from people just like you by joining a gluten-free support group. In the tri-state area you can check out Gluten Intolerance Group of Staten Island, Generation GF Northern NJ, Celiac Support Association and New York City Celiac Disease Meetup. In Arizona, you can choose from Gluten Intolerance Group of Maricopa County, Generation GF Phoenix, and Celiac Support Association.
- Check out Find Me Gluten Free. Download the free Find Me Gluten Free app or browse the website to find the best gluten-free friendly restaurants near you. You can search by rating, distance, price, and even cuisine type!
- Follow Gluten-Free Focused Blogs. Blogs are a great place to find recipes, read health articles, and get some much needed support and advice. Some of our favorites include Gluten Free on a Shoestring, Gluten free Girl and the Chef, Boulder Locavore and Gluten Free Frenzy.
- Shop at gluten-free friendly grocery stores. Make grocery shopping a breeze by visiting stores that carry a variety of gluten-free products. Some of our favorites include Whole Foods Markets, Sprouts, Star Market, Stop & Shop and Harmons. They have a ton of great gluten-free options and staff that can help you find what you need, including ProYo!
- Attend a gluten-free expo. Attend a GFAF Expo to sample hundreds of gluten-free products like ours and attend informative classes by top-notch gluten-free experts. Visit www.gfafexpo.com for more information and to buy tickets for the GFAF Expo near you!