Chocolate Mug Cake by Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie
Our buddy Jenny of Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie has done it again with this mouthwatering and easy to ‘bake’ treat. Naturally gluten-free and full of flavor, this Mug Cake is going to be a late night staple for us with the added bonus of 20g of protein! Plus, when you don’t want to bake a whole cake or brownie pan, this recipe will give you exactly what you want to satisfy your cravings.
Here is the recipe:
– 1 tube (4oz) Dutch Chocolate ProYo High Protein Frozen Yogurt
– Optional: 1 tube (4oz) Vanilla Bean ProYo High Protein Frozen Yogurt
– 1 tsp raw organic agave
– 1 tsp organic cocoa powder
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 cup gluten-free flour (substitute with regular, organic flour if you are not gluten-free)
–Take the 1 tube of 4oz. Dutch Chocolate ProYo out of the freezer and left it soften a bit. Tip:The more melted your ProYo is, the lighter your cake. If you want denser cake like a brownie then keep it semi-frozen. This is up to your personal liking.
– Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking soda together.
– Sift it onto a paper plate or a piece of parchment paper, set aside when it is done.
– Squeeze out the Dutch Chocolate ProYo into a bowl and stir in the agave.
– When the ProYo mixture is combined, fold your parchment paper in half and pour the dry mix into the ProYo mixture.
– Stir the ingredients together until the batter is even.
– Lightly spray a microwave safe mug or ramekin with organic spray oil.
– Pour batter into the mug or ramekin.
– Place in the microwave and set for 1-2min (depending on miicrowave settings) Tip: When the batter rises like a soufflé, then stop the microwave and take it out the mug. The cake will settle back down and surface should be visually cooked.
– Eat right away or top with a tablespoon of Vanilla Bean ProYo. Enjoy!