Mini Frozen Yogurt Cookie Sandwiches by Souffle Bombay
It’s easy to fall into an after-school-snack slump, reaching for the same pre-packaged snacks that are often loaded with sugar, fat and artificial ingredients. We recently challenged blogger and mom, Colleen Kennedy of Souffle Bombay, to create an after-school snack that the kids will love for the taste, and moms will love for the added nutrition! To our delight, Colleen invited her 12-year-old daughter, who recently learned about the importance of getting protein in your diet, to help come up with a fun-filled and delicious recipe. The result? These scrumptious Mini Frozen Yogurt Cookie Sandwiches.
These bitty bites are a blast to eat; we dare you to try and eat just one. Plus, they’re perfect to make as a family over the weekend, giving you an opportunity for some added fun.
Looking for an alternative way to enjoy these mini sandwiches? Check out Colleen’s tips for making the same recipe, but shaping the oatmeal cookies as mini cups!
Here is the recipe:
– 1 box (3 4 oz. tubes) of your favorite ProYo High Protein Frozen Yogurt (choose from Dutch Chocolate, Blueberry Pomegranate, Vanilla Bean or Banana Vanilla)
– 2 cups flour
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 2 full sticks butter, room temperature
– 1 cup light brown sugar
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1 large egg
– 2 1/2 tbs light corn syrup
– 2 1/2 tsp vanilla
– 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
– 1 1/2 cups raisins
– In a larger bowl, combine butter, sugars, corn syrup, egg and vanilla and mix until smooth (by hand or mixer)
– Add in the flour mixture, the oats and the raisins and mix until incorporated
– Spoon out minis (3/4 tsp of batter) and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
– Bake for 7 minutes, or until golden brown
– Cool for at least 1 hour
– Take chosen flavor of ProYo from the freezer; cut/tear off the paper wrapping and cut into 1 in rounds
– Place one round onto the underside of a cookie, top with the underside of another cookie
– Press down just a bit, roll with sprinkles and store in place back in freezer on cookie sheet (after one hour, cooled sandwiches can be stored in a sealed freezer bag)
– Keep in the freezer until ready to serve
– Serve and ENJOY!