Roasted Fuyu Persimmons with ProYo Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
When we met Carrie Gabriel of Steps2Nutrition recently in L.A., we instantly fell in love with the fact that she was a dietitian with a sweet tooth. How often do you hear those words together? We admire her realistic approach to health, recognizing that people aren’t going to stop eating sweets or celebrating holidays. To Carrie, what is more important is finding balance and seeking out the highest-quality, least-processed foods that deliver real food nutrition. We are honored that Carrie recognizes that ProYo can be that go-to choice for anyone that’s looking to get more from their ice cream.
Even more exciting, Carrie has combined ProYo Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with a seasonal fruit to create a go-to and protein-packed dessert – Roasted Fuyu Persimmons with ProYo Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Check out the recipe below and get ready to satisfy your sweet tooth in a guilt-free way!
Here is the recipe:
– 2 Fuyu persimmons (seek these out at your local specialty grocer)
– 2 scoops of ProYo Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
– 1 tbsp vanilla olive oil
– Pumpkin spice to taste
- Set oven to broil, line a baking pan with foil
- Cut two Fuyu persimmons in half, discarding the top and bottom pieces
- Place them on the baking sheet and drizzle the olive oil over them
- Cook in each side for 10 Minutes
- Remove them and place them in a bowl and let them cool for 2-3 Minutes
- Scoop the ice cream on top of the warm persimmons
- Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice