Cinnamon + Salted Caramel Crunch Ice Cream Sandwiches
This month we partnered with Luci of Luci’s Morsels to create the perfect treat for when you’re craving fall, but the weather still says summer. Luci made a delectable Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwich dipped in dark chocolate, with flavors that capture that autumn feel, but can still cool you down!
Here is the recipe:
– 12 cinnamon cracker halves
– 4oz dark chocolate (good for melting) – Luci recommends using 70% cocoa to curb the bitterness of the dark chocolate
– 14oz Salted Caramel Crunch ProYo High Protein Ice Cream
- Line a bread pan with wax paper. Scoop ice cream into 8″ bread pan and spread evenly. Easiest to fold down wax paper and push evenly into corners.
- Return ice cream to freezer to set (at least 20 minutes – more is better).
- When you’re ready to assemble your ice cream sandwiches, melt chocolate in microwave. Heat chocolate chunks 30 seconds on power level 50% and stir. Repeat until almost all of the chocolate is melted. Stir in any unmelted pieces.
- Meanwhile, break graham crackers in half.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Remove ice cream from the freezer. Use wax paper to easily pull it out of the bread pan. Cut ice cream into 6 squares. Place one square of ice cream between two graham crackers. Assemble remaining sandwiches. **Do this all as quickly as possible**
- Dip ice cream sandwiches into melted chocolate, tipping the bowl to get more chocolate on the sandwiches. Place on wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Immediately return to freezer. Let sit at least 30 minutes before enjoying to let chocolate set and graham crackers begin to soften.
Salted Caramel ice cream sandwiches can be left in freezer unwrapped up to 24 hours. Past that, store in airtight bag or container.