Super Berry Smoothie Bowl by Breathe Deeply and Smile
Wondering how best to jump on the breakfast bowl bandwagon? We recommend starting with this antioxidant- and protein-rich recipe created by our friend Lauren of Breathe Deeply and Smile. Whether you choose to enjoy this bowl after a long training run like Lauren, or you want to have a breakfast that’ll keep you satiated at the office until lunch, this bowl has you covered. Ready in 10 minutes, it’s the perfect balance of tart and sweet flavors, creaminess and crunch. It’s an awesome sensory overload.
If you’re looking for some inspiration for your running training, you’ve got to check out Lauren’s Instagram feed, @breathedeeplyandsmile, too, as Lauren posts training run pics, gear ideas, healthy snack and meal ideas, and more. What can we say, we’re inspired by this rockstar who achieved a PR at the Chicago Marathon earlier this month. You go girl!
Here is the recipe:
– 1 tube (4oz) of Blueberry Pomegranate ProYo High Protein Frozen Yogurt
– 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
– 1 tbsp chia seeds
– 1/2 banana
– 4oz milk – choose whatever you prefer, from whole fat milk, almond, flax, coconut or soy
– 1 handful ice cubes
– 1/2 banana
– 1 tbsp peanut butter
– 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
– 1 tbsp hemp seeds
– Add ½ banana, honey, and ½ tbsp of chia seeds to blender.
– Add 4 oz of milk and handful of ice cubes.
– Blend all ingredients together and pour into a bowl. If thick, use a spoon or spatula to help.
– Slice ½ banana and place on top of bowl mix. Top bowl mix with peanut butter, chia, seeds, hemp seeds, and anything else you’d like.
– Eat immediately and enjoy!